Welcome to the land of Shiny


The home of exuberant amateurism.

Sunday 11 September 2011

Opus Gluei Challenge #113. Dancing with the Poobahs.

Jana has set this fortnight's Opus Gluei challenge as any project inspired by dancing.
Loads of possibilities in this one aren't there?
Good, go get yer gear out and create something then, I am looking forward to coming and looking at what you make.

After I'd done multiple pirouettes in the very tight space that is my craft room (that didn't end too well), I settled down with Twinkie and David Bowie and danced the night away...
Click on it to make it bigger.



In the spirit of finding my inner grunge, did you notice the torn paper?
That was me, I TORE IT.
It's a twelve step plan; Finding your Inner Grunge.
In baby steps, just baby steps.
Although from observation, it seems to be a natural state of being in teenage boys. Alas I am not a teenage boy so I'm having to work very hard at it.

Stamps used Crafty Secrets Twinkle stars which a great little set of clear stamps with lots of different stars including shooting stars, perfect for creating a night scene.
Stampotique Originals; Twinkie; Wee Owl; Small Moon; and Puss Puss.
David Bowie is not a stamp but a singer songwriter. Just saying...in case you are a youngster.

Happy creating!
Gini
xx

7 comments:

Jana said...

This is absolutely FAB-U-LOUS. I LOVE it. Your creativity continues to impress me. AND you included David Bowie. I never thought I would dance with him, and here you have made it happen. Thank you. (said whilst bowing down at your feet.)

Jane Wetzel said...

Well well well done Ms Gini! I am now humming the David Bowie song...can u hear me? DEFINITELY CREATIVE :)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Gini - this is a brilliant take on the Song theme. There is so much I love about the scene - the twinkling stars, the pointy spotty hats, the torn paper (you brave girl) but my fave element has to be that gorgeous Owl - I LOVE Owls!
Have a great day - hugs, Sylvia xx

Deena said...

this project is really fun! love you twinkling stars and your inner grunge! I am trying to find mine, but it doesn't always turn out the way I intend!

Electra said...

YOU TORE IT!?!? Are you OK Gini?
You must be cus this is awesome!
I love pus puss. Does Spanky like Puss Puss? I would have loved to have seen you pirouette. And the night sky is delightful!!

Rosemary said...

I had a huge smile on my face when I first saw this; oh my gosh, David looks like he is going to next sing fa fa fa fa fashion.....don't you hate it when your guest only wants to play THEIR music at YOUR dance party??? Harumph. Clever, witty, and adorable - just like our Gini!

Lynne Phelps said...

Oh my gosh, now that song is going to be playing in my head for DAYS, lol! You hit my era, in fact it is a whole Bowie playlist, hah! LOVE this card, it is such fun and I really like all the details, including the bit of shiny embossing on the background and the owl on the moon, not to mention the David Bowie cutout! Kudos to you for this blast from the past!