Welcome to the land of Shiny


The home of exuberant amateurism.

Sunday 30 December 2012

Opus Gluei Challenge #147. Free for all.

Happy New Year to you all, I hope it will be a very joyful, healthy and creative year for you :-)

The lovely Rosemary has set an Anything Goes challenge for this fortnight.

I have Steampunk Fever at the moment so I made a triple twisted easel card for one of my sons.
This is my most ambitious easel card to date. 
They are so easy to construct but look stunning, do give them a try if you haven't already. 
Beate at Split Coast Stampers has done some wonderful video tutorials on YouTube.com regarding their construction.

Click on any picture to make it bigger.






I've used Chocolate Baroque Steampunkery stamp set heat embossed in black and coloured with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paints (same as Twinkling H20's) .
Stamped the blue cogs on the background blue card using the cogs from the Chocolate Baroque Steampunk Christmas set. Oh be still my heart they are such wonderful sets of stamps.

I also used Tim Holtz dies; cogs on the edge and the clock face one.
I used blue alcohol ink on some bottle tops and cut some spellbinders cogs out of silver mirror card and glued them on the top of the bottle top with glossy accents.
The metal letter tags I've had for years and have no idea who made them, possibly some Santa's Elves that retired long ago...

I've been greasing my axles and I feel all geared up for some piston powered creativity, I know you'll be riveted to hear this - mwah!

Happy steamy creating all through 2013.
Gini
xx



9 comments:

Karen said...

WOW Gini!!!! I have trouble with one twist yet alone three!!!!! This is amazing...so much work and so much fun sweetie! I hope that you have a year full of loveliness and am looking forward to the retreat :D xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

As Karen said _ WOW!!! Not only is your triple easel card amazing and full of the Wow factor - how about that fabulous new profile Pic.!! WOW WOW WOW - I'm lovin' your new hairdo Gini!

Wishing you and yours a VERY happy 2013 - love and hugs, Sylvia xxx

Dawn said...

Ha ha ha, may I please ditto the lovely ladies above by saying 'WOW'. An amazing card Gini to go with a lovely new pic of you. Lol, you are a brave lady to try the triple easel, I have yet to be brave enough to try a single!!!!!
Happy New Year sweetie, hope its a good'un.
Huge hugs x x x x

Margaret said...

Dear Sweet Gini, a hip happy New Year to you and yours! Wishing you loads of shiny creatvity in 2013!
Hugs Mxx

Electra said...

Woo Hoo, is our beloved Gini back?
This is a spectacular card, girlfriend, it's great to see you crafting again. Happy New Year to you!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Cool! I love the imagery and the color scheme in your steampunk card. Happy New Year, Gini!

Jana said...

This is wonderful. I LOVE steampunk and you have done this with style. The colors are perfect.

Unknown said...

Awesome creation Gini! What a fab idea to use these bright, vivid colours and make a steampunk creation with them, so cool! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sherry said...

Glad to hear that you're all greased up & raring to go Gini - lol! Your easel card is Stunning!!